Monday, March 26, 2012

Cafe curtains are everywhere these days.  From magazines to model homes to pinterest.  Here are just a
few I've seen lately.

  Photobucket
I'm not sure who to credit for this photo so if anyone knows the source please let me know.
Photobucket
Lisa Luby Ryan
Photobucket
via heirloom philosophy

I had a yard of Windsor Smith Riad in clove sitting in my closet so I decided to give this project a try.  Overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I still need to order another yard of fabric to do the other panel but I'm not sure I'm loving this fabric in this space.  I looked high and low for the perfect rod to use to hang these.  I really didn't want anything that had finials or that was too big and bulky.  I ended up using these cafe rods from rejuvenation hardware in oil rubbed bronze.  I needed something more substantial then the rings they carry so I picked up a set at a local fabric store.  They were much cheaper as well.      

Photobucket

I'm very happy with the rod and would use it again.  The fabric I used is linen and then I also lined them and I can tell that this rod will bend a little once I get the other panel up.  Rejuvenation did note this in the description on their website that these are intended for lightweight fabric.

1 comment:

Rodney Orton said...

Whenever I buy a curtain for my windows, I always choose the ones which are usually used in French bistros. It can provide privacy and filter natural light while bringing more of such inside a room in the late mornings. It's actually suitable for large window panes near the dining area since a bright morning can improve one’s appetite.

Post a Comment