Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When I first learned Stephen Drucker was leaving House Beautiful as editor in chief I was more than a little concerned that one of my favorite magazines wouldn't be the same.  But to my delight under the direction of Newell Turner the past three issues have been out of the park!  My October issue came in the mail yesterday and I couldn't wait for a quiet moment to sit and enjoy it.  It's phenomenal from beginning to end.  Theres a fantastic home in the French Quarter decorated by Susan Noble Jones for a couple who lost their home to hurricane Katrina.  Its a great mix of modern and traditional.  Theres the inspiring NY apartment of Royce Pinkwater which she decorated with the help of three designers.  The Dallas apartment of Craig Schumacher is one of my favorites.  A mix of very traditional furnishings paired with perfect modern art and accessories.  The issue ends with a beautiful bathroom by Lorraine Herr and Randal Netley.  Thank you HB for an outstanding issue!    




Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Images of Craig Schumacher's former Dallas Home via House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment