Monday, September 12, 2011

Front Porch



One of my favorite things about our farmhouse is the porches.  We have a nice big front porch and side porch.  We've lived in the farmhouse for almost 2 years and I had been searching for the perfect chairs for the front porch that entire time.  Sure there were many chairs that I loved like the the palmeto all weather wicker collection from pottery barn.  But at $699 per chair plus shipping plus tax they were a little out of my price range.  Plus I also found it hard to justify spending that kind of money on something I knew would have to stand up to rain, snow, sleet and hail!  Not to mention kids and pets!  I also really wanted the carmel collection from restoration hardware.  It's a timeless collection that I feel won't go out of style.  But just when I was about to bite the bullet and buy the carmel chairs there was a price INCREASE and once again I couldn't justify spending the money.  Finally this summer I was able to find the perfect chairs at family leisure.  They are extremely comfortable and very well made.  I think they rival the pottery barn chairs but were much more affordable.  AND the cushions are made from sunbrella fabric!!
In case your wondering the window like opening on the left of the photo was my solution for a very bare and empty looking space.  My idea was to install a pair of black shutters like in the photo below.  Unfortunately it hasn't gotten done yet.
Image credit Heirloom Philosophy
As you can tell there is still much work to be done.  We haven't even started on the landscaping.  At this point we are just thrilled to have grass.  And as a side note the day after I got the chairs we had a huge storm that came through and blew them right off the porch out into the field!


No comments:

Post a Comment