Monday, September 12, 2011

Breakfast Room Update



Originally posted July 16, 2010

Not long ago I posted on my breakfast room asking for suggestions.  I received many lovely comments and I enjoyed reading every one of them.  Due to budget constraints I haven't been able to do any of the things I was really hoping to do.  Instead I moved things around from other places in my house and tried to give it a more finished look.  The table is very close to the wall which doesn't allow much space for anything to stick out so the mirror ended up being a perfect option.  I placed a compote I had purchased from WS home on the center of the table for now.  It looks really nice when filled with fresh fruit.  The chairs on each side of the chest I bought years ago at a JC Penny outlet for cheap.  I covered the cushions with chair covers that I made myself.  Now trust me those covers were VERY HARD to make and if I had the money I would hire someone every time.  I actually made 4 of them for the chairs around the table but after putting that much time and effort into them I didn't want to actually have someone sit on them.  It's also important to note that I made these about five years ago and would like to have something different now but these still work and I think they give the space a more finished look!

No comments:

Post a Comment