Saturday, November 14, 2009


Kit and I have been married for 14 years. We bought this Thomasville bedroom set shortly after we got married. The lamps were purchases around the same time. I've really been wanting to update the look of my bedroom without purchasing a new bedroom set. I would be more than happy to buy all new furniture but Kit says we have to wait until we've been married 20 years. I started by updating the bedding. I don't have a picture of the old bedding because our hard drive crashed and we lost everyting but that's another story. Just picture a very floral waverly set it was called Lucinda Citron. The duvet and pillow shams are pottery barn. I took them to a local shop and had them embroidered. I love the way they turned out. Then I removed the iron scroll on the headboard. I think I like that better. I've been looking for new lamps for a long time. I really wanted to do the french wired crystal lamps. They weren't in the budget. I found these wall sconces on ebay and the price was fantastic. I really love them. Now I am looking for a sunburst mirror to put over the headboard. Oh and I am not a professional so the room is certainly not styled.

No comments:

Post a Comment